- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
BB signs deal with Pubali Bank for project loan
Bangladesh Bank (BB) has signed a participatory agreement with Pubali Bank Limited for loan for the ‘Urban Building Safety Project (UBSP)’ with the assistance from Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA).
Managing Director and CEO of Pubali Bank Limited M Abdul Halim Chowdhury and General Manager of the BB Swapan Kumar Roy signed the agreement on behalf of their respective side recently, said a press release issued by the Pubali Bank on Wednesday.
BB Governor Fazle Kabir, its Deputy Governor SK Sur Chowdhury and Chief Representative of JICA’s Bangladesh office Takatoshi Nishikata were present on the occasion.