- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Dhaka Apparel Summit to be held in city Saturday
The second edition of “Dhaka Apparel Summit 2017" will be held on Saturday at a city hotel in the capital in a bid to opening dialogue on framing strategies to secure a more sustainable apparel supply chain from local and global perspectives.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the daylong event organised by Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) in collaboration with Bangladesh Apparel Exchange (BAE).
According to BGMEA, the Dhaka Apparel Summit is a prime event on textile and apparel industry in Bangladesh that brings together some of the world's leading experts in their respective fields to share their experiences and visionary thoughts on issues pertaining to the apparel industry and ways in which the business can realize sustainable growth well into the 21st Century.
The Summit will feature three panel discussion sessions, offering an open and inter-active environment, and allowing full audience participation and the opportunity for a valid exchange of ideas.