- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Dhaka Apparel Summit to be held in city Saturday
The second edition of “Dhaka Apparel Summit 2017" will be held on Saturday at a city hotel in the capital in a bid to opening dialogue on framing strategies to secure a more sustainable apparel supply chain from local and global perspectives.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the daylong event organised by Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) in collaboration with Bangladesh Apparel Exchange (BAE).
According to BGMEA, the Dhaka Apparel Summit is a prime event on textile and apparel industry in Bangladesh that brings together some of the world's leading experts in their respective fields to share their experiences and visionary thoughts on issues pertaining to the apparel industry and ways in which the business can realize sustainable growth well into the 21st Century.
The Summit will feature three panel discussion sessions, offering an open and inter-active environment, and allowing full audience participation and the opportunity for a valid exchange of ideas.