- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
PSC recommends simplifying quota system in govt service
The Bangladesh Public Service Commission (PSC) once again recommended simplifying quota system for recruiting officials to public service due to the existing complexities in applying quota.
The application of the existing quota related rules is complicated and a matter of multidimensional restrictions. Sometimes, it becomes impossible to select suitable candidates accurately by applying the quota system, says the Commission in its Annual Report 2016.
On February 28 last, a 13-member PSC delegation, by its chairman Dr Mohammad Sadik, submitted the Report to President Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban.
At present, only 45 percent of all posts in public service are filled solely on the basis of merit. And the remaining 55 percent posts are filled from different quotas while 30 percent quota is allocated for children of freedom fighters, 10 percent for women, 5 percent for ethnic people and 10 percent for zila (district) category.
Every such quota has sub-quotas introduced to ensure that people from all the districts get jobs in a fair way, which makes the application of quota system difficult.