- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
50th DU convocation Saturday
The 50th convocation of Dhaka University (DU) will be held on Saturday at the central playground on the campus.
Preparations have already been completed for smoothly holding the convocation.
President Abdul Hamid, also the DU Chancellor, will chair the convocation while Bangladeshi-origin academic and Vice-chancellor of University of Western Ontario in Canada Prof Amit Chakma will deliver the convocation speech.
DU will also confer Doctor of Science degree on Amit Chakma at the function, said a DU press release on Friday.
At the convocation, some 17, 875 students will attain their graduation and post-graduation certificates.
Besides, a total of 43 researchers will get MPhil degree while 61 PhD degree and 80 students will receive gold medals for their outstanding results.