- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
50th DU convocation Saturday
The 50th convocation of Dhaka University (DU) will be held on Saturday at the central playground on the campus.
Preparations have already been completed for smoothly holding the convocation.
President Abdul Hamid, also the DU Chancellor, will chair the convocation while Bangladeshi-origin academic and Vice-chancellor of University of Western Ontario in Canada Prof Amit Chakma will deliver the convocation speech.
DU will also confer Doctor of Science degree on Amit Chakma at the function, said a DU press release on Friday.
At the convocation, some 17, 875 students will attain their graduation and post-graduation certificates.
Besides, a total of 43 researchers will get MPhil degree while 61 PhD degree and 80 students will receive gold medals for their outstanding results.