- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
Seminar on “Talent Management Practices” held in DU
A seminar was recently organised by Dhaka University Professional Human Resource Management Club (DUPHRMC) titled “Talent Management Practices in Bangladesh.”
Abir Shawkat Haiat, alumni of the university’s Department of Management as well as a renowned HR professional in the country, was the keynote speaker programme, while Professor Dr. Md. Serajul Islam, Director of MPHRM Program, chaired the programme.
The seminar underscored the urgency of talent management in Bangladesh for building human capital and accelerating economic growth of the country.
Professor M.A. Akkas, Chairman of the Department, delivered the welcome speech and introduced the concept of talent management in the contemporary world.
Jaki Turjaman, President of DUPHRMC, said that this club was formed to be a great platform for the HR professionals to enrich their knowledge and to become future leaders.
This seminar will surely help them to manage their workforce at their respective workplace by using talent management practices effectively.