- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
BGMEA seeks 3 yrs to pull down its complex
Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) on Wednesday filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking three years’ time for demolishing the 'BGMEA Complex' constructed on the city’s Hatirjheel Lake.
On behalf of the apex trade body of the country’s garment sector, Barrister Imtiaz Mainul Islam submitted the petition to the court.
The Appellate Division bench, headed by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha, is likely to hear the petition on Thursday.
Talking to reporters, Barrister Mainul said it is not possible to pull down the BGMEA Complex overnight as offices situated in the high-rise will have to be relocated first. “For this, the BGMEA authorities need minimum three years,” he said.