- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
BGMEA seeks 3 yrs to pull down its complex
Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) on Wednesday filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking three years’ time for demolishing the 'BGMEA Complex' constructed on the city’s Hatirjheel Lake.
On behalf of the apex trade body of the country’s garment sector, Barrister Imtiaz Mainul Islam submitted the petition to the court.
The Appellate Division bench, headed by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha, is likely to hear the petition on Thursday.
Talking to reporters, Barrister Mainul said it is not possible to pull down the BGMEA Complex overnight as offices situated in the high-rise will have to be relocated first. “For this, the BGMEA authorities need minimum three years,” he said.