- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
BGMEA seeks 3 yrs to pull down its complex
Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) on Wednesday filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking three years’ time for demolishing the 'BGMEA Complex' constructed on the city’s Hatirjheel Lake.
On behalf of the apex trade body of the country’s garment sector, Barrister Imtiaz Mainul Islam submitted the petition to the court.
The Appellate Division bench, headed by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha, is likely to hear the petition on Thursday.
Talking to reporters, Barrister Mainul said it is not possible to pull down the BGMEA Complex overnight as offices situated in the high-rise will have to be relocated first. “For this, the BGMEA authorities need minimum three years,” he said.