- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
5th Nat’l SME Fair begins in city Wednesday
The 5th National Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Fair begins in the city on Wednesday with the participation of 200 local SME enterprises.
There will be 216 stalls of SME entrepreneurs in the five-day fair to be arranged by the SME Foundation at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre.
“The products, manufactured by local SME entrepreneurs across the country, will be showcased in the National SME Fair 2017,” SME Foundation Manager (Public Relations) Masum Billah told UNB.
There will be jute goods, processed food and agro products, leather, and electrical and electronics items, light engineering products, IT products, plastic and other synthetic items, handicraft, design and fashion wears at the fair, he said.
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu will inaugurate the fair while State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroze Chumki, Senior Secretary to the Industries Ministry Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan and President of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) Abdul Matlub Ahmad will be present as special guests.
SME Foundation Chairperson KM Habib Ullah will preside over the inaugural session of the fair which will end on March 19.