- 15 missing after tourist boat sinking in Colombia
- Govt to rehabilitate Rangamati landslide victims: Quader
- Landslide victims celebrate Eid at shelter centres
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated
- 3 minors among 4 killed in Bandarban road crash
- PM greets wounded FFs, sends them gifts
- 23 killed, 25 hurt in road crashes in 4 districts
- Holidaymakers’ sufferings: BNP demands Quader’s removal
- Around 7 million people leave Dhaka for sweet home
- 4-tier security for National Eidgah: DMP
5th Nat’l SME Fair begins in city Wednesday
The 5th National Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Fair begins in the city on Wednesday with the participation of 200 local SME enterprises.
There will be 216 stalls of SME entrepreneurs in the five-day fair to be arranged by the SME Foundation at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre.
“The products, manufactured by local SME entrepreneurs across the country, will be showcased in the National SME Fair 2017,” SME Foundation Manager (Public Relations) Masum Billah told UNB.
There will be jute goods, processed food and agro products, leather, and electrical and electronics items, light engineering products, IT products, plastic and other synthetic items, handicraft, design and fashion wears at the fair, he said.
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu will inaugurate the fair while State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroze Chumki, Senior Secretary to the Industries Ministry Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan and President of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) Abdul Matlub Ahmad will be present as special guests.
SME Foundation Chairperson KM Habib Ullah will preside over the inaugural session of the fair which will end on March 19.