- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
No IS in Bangladesh: Shahriar
State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam on Tuesday said there is no existence of Islamic State (IS) and other international terror outfits in the country.
“The terror attacks faced by the country in recent years were conducted by homegrown outfits,” he said while addressing the closing session of 3-day Chiefs of Police Conference at a city hotel.
The State Minister said there is no evidence to support the claim that they (homegrown outfits) had links with the IS or other international militant outfits.
“But we need to remain alert as the global terrorist outfits may try to recruit cadres or influence the local outfits, particularly through net based communications,” he said.
He said the government has taken steps to further boost cooperation with the neighbouring countries to tackle the issue.
“We believe that effective relationship and functional cooperation among the neigbouring countries can be the best answer to terrorism and other transnational crimes, “ he said.