- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
No IS in Bangladesh: Shahriar
State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam on Tuesday said there is no existence of Islamic State (IS) and other international terror outfits in the country.
“The terror attacks faced by the country in recent years were conducted by homegrown outfits,” he said while addressing the closing session of 3-day Chiefs of Police Conference at a city hotel.
The State Minister said there is no evidence to support the claim that they (homegrown outfits) had links with the IS or other international militant outfits.
“But we need to remain alert as the global terrorist outfits may try to recruit cadres or influence the local outfits, particularly through net based communications,” he said.
He said the government has taken steps to further boost cooperation with the neighbouring countries to tackle the issue.
“We believe that effective relationship and functional cooperation among the neigbouring countries can be the best answer to terrorism and other transnational crimes, “ he said.