- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Sri Lanka 175/5 at stumps after 2nd session
Sri Lanka have scored 175 runs losing five wickets after 58.2 overs in the 2nd and last Test of the Joy Bangla Cup series against Bangladesh at P Sara Oval, Colombo on Wednesday.
Now right-handed Sri Lankan batsman Dinesh Chandimal is at the crease with 59 runs facing 148 balls, hammering his 12th Test half century while Niroshan Dickwella (33)pairing him in the 6th wicket.
Dhananjaya de Silva was the last batsman from the hosts' side left the crease as he was bowled out by Bangladesh spinner Taijul Islam at 136 after 47.2 overs.
Earlier, the visiting bowlers showed an outstanding bowling display in the first session of their landmark 100th Test restricting the hosts at 70/4 in 27.4 overs before the lunch.
Cutter Master Mustafizur Rahman made the 1st breakthrough in the Lankan batting castle in his 4th ball of the 5th over, dismissing opener Dimuth Karunaratne (7) in the 8th over of the innings.
Left-hand Karunaratne was caught by Mehedi Hasan Miraz at gully when he was trying to play a cover drive of a Mustafiz outside off stump bowling, leaving the team collection at 13 runs.
Young off-spinner Miraz departed the 2nd pair at 24/2 in 11.5 overs picking up Kusal Mendis, stumped by skipper Mushfiqur Rahim, by a tricky delivery off Miraz's 5th ball of 3rd spell.
The right-arm spinner roared again in the innings 16th over to depart the 3rd pair capturing left-hand batsman Upul Tharanga (11), was caught by Soumya Sarkar, when the hosts were at 35/3 in 15.2 overs.
Miraz captured two for 32 runs while Taijul Islam, Subashis and Musatfizur took one wicket each for 19, 24 and 26 13 runs respectively.
Earlier in the day, Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat.
Current partnership: 37 runs, 10.4 overs, RR: 3.46 (Chandimal 7, Dickwella 28)
Last bat: DM de Silva b Taijul Islam 34 (54b 5x4 0x6) SR: 62.96
Fall of wicket: 136/5 (47.2 ov); Partnership: 66 runs, 19.4 overs, RR: 3.35 (Chandimal 25, de Silva 34)