- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
Kiron receives WEAB award
Mahfuza Akhter Kiron, a member of Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) and chairman of its women’s football committee, received the Women Entrepreneur Association of Bangladesh (WEAB) award for her contribution to the field of sports.
The WEAB honoured women’s entrepreneurs at a function held at a local hotel on Wednesday afternoon on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu was the chief guest at the function. Prime Minister’s International Affairs Adviser Dr Gowher Rizvi and US Ambassador to Bangladesh Marcia Bernicat were also present as special guests.