- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Tigers need 191 runs to win 100th Test
Asela Gunaratne held on to a sharp catch at slip as Bangladesh lost two wickets in two balls to Rangana Herath in their 191 chase in Colombo © Associated Press
Sri Lanka scored 319 runs before being bowled out in the first session of Day 5, setting a target of 191 runs for Bangladesh in the second and last Test of Joy Bangla Cup series at P Sara Oval, Colombo on Sunday.
Overnight batsman Dilruwan Perera was trapped by run out after picking up his 4th Test half century 112.4 overs, leaving the team at 318/9.
In the following over, Suranga Lakmal (42) was caught by Mosaddek Hossain off Shakib Al Hasan bowling adding one run in the last wicket partnership with Lakshan Sandakan.
Sri Lanka 1st innings: 338/10 in 113.3 overs; Dinesh Chandimal 138, Suranga Lakmal 35, Dhananjaya de Silva 34, Niroshan Dickwella 34, Mehedi Hasan Miraz 3/90, Mustafizur Rahman 2/50, Subashis Roy 2/53, Shakib Al Hasan 2/80.
Sri Lanka 2nd innings: 319/10 in 113.2 overs; Dimuth Karunaratne 126, Kusal Mendis 36, Upul Tharanga 26, Dilruwan Perera 50, Suranga Lakmal 42 , Mustafizur Rahman 3/78, Shakib Al Hasan 4/74, Taijul Islam 1/38, Mehedi Hasan Miraz 1/71.
Bangladesh 1st innings: 467/10 in 134.1 overs; Shakib Al Hasan 116, Mosaddek Hossain 75, Soumya Sarkar 61, Mushfiqur Rahim 52, Tamim Iqbal 49, Sabbir Rahman 42, Imrul Kayes 34, Mehedi Hasan Miraz 24, Rangana Herath 4/82, Lakshan Sandakan 4/104.