- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
Tonu’s murder marks 1 year
Students of the History Department of Comilla Victoria College formed a human chain on the campus on Monday demanding the arrest of the killers of their fellow Sohagi Jahan Tonu.
Tonu, a 2nd year student of the History Department of Comilla Victoria College and member of Victoria College Theatre, was found dead in a bush beside a culvert inside the Comilla Cantonment area on March 20 last year.
The college students formed the human chain in front of the Arts Building in the morning.
Victoria College Theatre also arranged a milad mahfil at the college mosque while family arranged another milad at their village home at Mirzapur village in Muradnagar upazila.
Besides, local chapter of Gonojagoron Mancha submitted a memorandum to additional police super Abdullah Al Mamun demanding that the killers of the college girl be identified and brought to book.
Although one year has elapsed since the tragedy, the killers of the college girl still remain traceless.
Tonu’s father Yaar Hossain, office assistant of Comilla Cantonment Board, filed a case against some unidentified persons with Kotwali Police Station the following day.