- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Govt using militancy issue to prolong power, alleges BNP
Stating that the recent militant incidents are unauthentic, BNP senior leaders Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain on Monday alleged that the government is using the militancy issue as a weapon to perpetuate its power.
“The government uses the militancy issue to mislead people whenever it falls in any trouble. In fact, the issue is created by them (govt) and they’re now propagating it to hang onto power by force,” he said.
Mosharraf, a BNP standing committee member, came up with the allegation while speaking at a discussion arranged by Chetanai Bangladeshi Jatiyatabad, a pro-BNP platform, at the Jatiya Press Club.
He alleged that the government is staging a drama over curbing militancy to give foreign countries a message that they are very active against extremism, and Awami League needs to stay in power to tackle it.