- Infiltrators to be driven out of AL, says Quader
- 24 Bangladeshi nationals held in Satkhira
- Rajuk fines bank, hospital in residential area
- Nation worried over PM’s India tour: BNP
- IU CSE dept gets new chairman
- 3 DU students get ‘Prof Habiba Khatun Scholarship’
- No conspiracy against Bangladesh to work: PM
- Mufti Hannan to get 7 days for seeking mercy, says IG Prisons
- Work on Tk 20 cr water treatment plant going on in Khulna
- Cleanliness drive conducted in 65 locations across country
Govt using militancy issue to prolong power, alleges BNP
Stating that the recent militant incidents are unauthentic, BNP senior leaders Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain on Monday alleged that the government is using the militancy issue as a weapon to perpetuate its power.
“The government uses the militancy issue to mislead people whenever it falls in any trouble. In fact, the issue is created by them (govt) and they’re now propagating it to hang onto power by force,” he said.
Mosharraf, a BNP standing committee member, came up with the allegation while speaking at a discussion arranged by Chetanai Bangladeshi Jatiyatabad, a pro-BNP platform, at the Jatiya Press Club.
He alleged that the government is staging a drama over curbing militancy to give foreign countries a message that they are very active against extremism, and Awami League needs to stay in power to tackle it.