- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
Govt using militancy issue to prolong power, alleges BNP
Stating that the recent militant incidents are unauthentic, BNP senior leaders Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain on Monday alleged that the government is using the militancy issue as a weapon to perpetuate its power.
“The government uses the militancy issue to mislead people whenever it falls in any trouble. In fact, the issue is created by them (govt) and they’re now propagating it to hang onto power by force,” he said.
Mosharraf, a BNP standing committee member, came up with the allegation while speaking at a discussion arranged by Chetanai Bangladeshi Jatiyatabad, a pro-BNP platform, at the Jatiya Press Club.
He alleged that the government is staging a drama over curbing militancy to give foreign countries a message that they are very active against extremism, and Awami League needs to stay in power to tackle it.