- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Govt using militancy issue to prolong power, alleges BNP
Stating that the recent militant incidents are unauthentic, BNP senior leaders Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain on Monday alleged that the government is using the militancy issue as a weapon to perpetuate its power.
“The government uses the militancy issue to mislead people whenever it falls in any trouble. In fact, the issue is created by them (govt) and they’re now propagating it to hang onto power by force,” he said.
Mosharraf, a BNP standing committee member, came up with the allegation while speaking at a discussion arranged by Chetanai Bangladeshi Jatiyatabad, a pro-BNP platform, at the Jatiya Press Club.
He alleged that the government is staging a drama over curbing militancy to give foreign countries a message that they are very active against extremism, and Awami League needs to stay in power to tackle it.