- Unknown youth killed in city bomb blast
- Infiltrators to be driven out of AL, says Quader
- 24 Bangladeshi nationals held in Satkhira
- Rajuk fines bank, hospital in residential area
- Nation worried over PM’s India tour: BNP
- IU CSE dept gets new chairman
- 3 DU students get ‘Prof Habiba Khatun Scholarship’
- No conspiracy against Bangladesh to work: PM
- Mufti Hannan to get 7 days for seeking mercy, says IG Prisons
- Work on Tk 20 cr water treatment plant going on in Khulna
86 more upazilas on course folr full electrification by June
The Rural Electricification Board (REB) is likely to complete work towards achieving one hundred percent electrification in 86 more upazilas by June.
Thirty of the upazilas are in fact on course to complete the job by the end of the current month, REB chairman Major General Moin Uddin recently told UNB.
REB has been moving ahead with a huge project to provide full electrification in all the 460 upazilas of the country by December 2018.
“We are implementing our electrification project in line with the government`s plan to provide electricity to 100 percent of the population by 2021,” Moin Uddin said.
REB sources said currently 16 upazilas enjoy 100 percent electrification, whereby every household has access to electricity connections.