- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
86 more upazilas on course folr full electrification by June
The Rural Electricification Board (REB) is likely to complete work towards achieving one hundred percent electrification in 86 more upazilas by June.
Thirty of the upazilas are in fact on course to complete the job by the end of the current month, REB chairman Major General Moin Uddin recently told UNB.
REB has been moving ahead with a huge project to provide full electrification in all the 460 upazilas of the country by December 2018.
“We are implementing our electrification project in line with the government`s plan to provide electricity to 100 percent of the population by 2021,” Moin Uddin said.
REB sources said currently 16 upazilas enjoy 100 percent electrification, whereby every household has access to electricity connections.