- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
86 more upazilas on course folr full electrification by June
The Rural Electricification Board (REB) is likely to complete work towards achieving one hundred percent electrification in 86 more upazilas by June.
Thirty of the upazilas are in fact on course to complete the job by the end of the current month, REB chairman Major General Moin Uddin recently told UNB.
REB has been moving ahead with a huge project to provide full electrification in all the 460 upazilas of the country by December 2018.
“We are implementing our electrification project in line with the government`s plan to provide electricity to 100 percent of the population by 2021,” Moin Uddin said.
REB sources said currently 16 upazilas enjoy 100 percent electrification, whereby every household has access to electricity connections.