- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
86 more upazilas on course folr full electrification by June
The Rural Electricification Board (REB) is likely to complete work towards achieving one hundred percent electrification in 86 more upazilas by June.
Thirty of the upazilas are in fact on course to complete the job by the end of the current month, REB chairman Major General Moin Uddin recently told UNB.
REB has been moving ahead with a huge project to provide full electrification in all the 460 upazilas of the country by December 2018.
“We are implementing our electrification project in line with the government`s plan to provide electricity to 100 percent of the population by 2021,” Moin Uddin said.
REB sources said currently 16 upazilas enjoy 100 percent electrification, whereby every household has access to electricity connections.