- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
ACC seeks documents from Ctg Port Authority
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has sought audit reports and different procurement and financial documents from the Chittagong Port Authority (CPA) aiming to check irregularities in the port.
A three-member ACC team, led by its director Jayed Hossain Khan, made a visit to the CPA office on Monday and held a meeting with CPA chairman Rear Admiral M Khaled Iqbal, ACC spokesman Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya told UNB.
During the four-hour meeting, he said, the team discussed the alleged irregularities at the port and sought various documents, including audit reports, from it.