- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Ershad’s radar purchase case: SC rejects ACC’s review plea
The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a review petition filed by Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) against its previous order rejecting plea for recording the testimonies of some witnesses in 24-year-old radar purchase scam case against Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad.
A four-member bench of Appellate Division, led by Chief Justice S K Sinha, passed the order.
Lawyer Khursid Alam Khan stood for the ACC and Advocate Sirajul Islam for Ershad.
On November 24, 2016, the High Court asked the authorities concerned to dispose of the radar purchase graft case against former President and Jatiya Party chairman HM Ershad by March 31, 2017.
Later, the ACC filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking its order for recording the testimonies of some witnesses.