- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Ershad’s radar purchase case: SC rejects ACC’s review plea
The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a review petition filed by Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) against its previous order rejecting plea for recording the testimonies of some witnesses in 24-year-old radar purchase scam case against Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad.
A four-member bench of Appellate Division, led by Chief Justice S K Sinha, passed the order.
Lawyer Khursid Alam Khan stood for the ACC and Advocate Sirajul Islam for Ershad.
On November 24, 2016, the High Court asked the authorities concerned to dispose of the radar purchase graft case against former President and Jatiya Party chairman HM Ershad by March 31, 2017.
Later, the ACC filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking its order for recording the testimonies of some witnesses.