- Infiltrators to be driven out of AL, says Quader
- 24 Bangladeshi nationals held in Satkhira
- Rajuk fines bank, hospital in residential area
- Nation worried over PM’s India tour: BNP
- IU CSE dept gets new chairman
- 3 DU students get ‘Prof Habiba Khatun Scholarship’
- No conspiracy against Bangladesh to work: PM
- Mufti Hannan to get 7 days for seeking mercy, says IG Prisons
- Work on Tk 20 cr water treatment plant going on in Khulna
- Cleanliness drive conducted in 65 locations across country
Ershad’s radar purchase case: SC rejects ACC’s review plea
The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a review petition filed by Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) against its previous order rejecting plea for recording the testimonies of some witnesses in 24-year-old radar purchase scam case against Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad.
A four-member bench of Appellate Division, led by Chief Justice S K Sinha, passed the order.
Lawyer Khursid Alam Khan stood for the ACC and Advocate Sirajul Islam for Ershad.
On November 24, 2016, the High Court asked the authorities concerned to dispose of the radar purchase graft case against former President and Jatiya Party chairman HM Ershad by March 31, 2017.
Later, the ACC filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking its order for recording the testimonies of some witnesses.