- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Ershad’s radar purchase case: SC rejects ACC’s review plea
The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a review petition filed by Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) against its previous order rejecting plea for recording the testimonies of some witnesses in 24-year-old radar purchase scam case against Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad.
A four-member bench of Appellate Division, led by Chief Justice S K Sinha, passed the order.
Lawyer Khursid Alam Khan stood for the ACC and Advocate Sirajul Islam for Ershad.
On November 24, 2016, the High Court asked the authorities concerned to dispose of the radar purchase graft case against former President and Jatiya Party chairman HM Ershad by March 31, 2017.
Later, the ACC filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking its order for recording the testimonies of some witnesses.