- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
Ershad’s radar purchase case: SC rejects ACC’s review plea
The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a review petition filed by Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) against its previous order rejecting plea for recording the testimonies of some witnesses in 24-year-old radar purchase scam case against Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad.
A four-member bench of Appellate Division, led by Chief Justice S K Sinha, passed the order.
Lawyer Khursid Alam Khan stood for the ACC and Advocate Sirajul Islam for Ershad.
On November 24, 2016, the High Court asked the authorities concerned to dispose of the radar purchase graft case against former President and Jatiya Party chairman HM Ershad by March 31, 2017.
Later, the ACC filed a petition with the Supreme Court seeking its order for recording the testimonies of some witnesses.