- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
Families reluctant to receive bodies of ‘militant couple’
Feeling embarrassed at their activities, family members of a suspected militant couple, who along with their child and two other militants were killed during a special drive at Premtala in Sitakunda upazila, refused to receive their bodies.
“They’ve humiliated us with their activities. So, we won’t receive their bodies,” said Muzaffar Ahmed, father of slain militant Kamal Uddin, while talking to reporters at Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Monday noon.
On March 16, four suspected militants, including the couple, and their six-year-old boy were killed during a special raid by joint forces on a militant hideout at Premtala in Sitakunda. Two SWAT members were also injured during the gunfight.
Two of the deceased are Kamal and his wife Jobaida hailing from Naikkhongchhari upazila of Bandarban district while their child and the rest two militants could not be known yet.