- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Families reluctant to receive bodies of ‘militant couple’
Feeling embarrassed at their activities, family members of a suspected militant couple, who along with their child and two other militants were killed during a special drive at Premtala in Sitakunda upazila, refused to receive their bodies.
“They’ve humiliated us with their activities. So, we won’t receive their bodies,” said Muzaffar Ahmed, father of slain militant Kamal Uddin, while talking to reporters at Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Monday noon.
On March 16, four suspected militants, including the couple, and their six-year-old boy were killed during a special raid by joint forces on a militant hideout at Premtala in Sitakunda. Two SWAT members were also injured during the gunfight.
Two of the deceased are Kamal and his wife Jobaida hailing from Naikkhongchhari upazila of Bandarban district while their child and the rest two militants could not be known yet.