- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Families reluctant to receive bodies of ‘militant couple’
Feeling embarrassed at their activities, family members of a suspected militant couple, who along with their child and two other militants were killed during a special drive at Premtala in Sitakunda upazila, refused to receive their bodies.
“They’ve humiliated us with their activities. So, we won’t receive their bodies,” said Muzaffar Ahmed, father of slain militant Kamal Uddin, while talking to reporters at Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Monday noon.
On March 16, four suspected militants, including the couple, and their six-year-old boy were killed during a special raid by joint forces on a militant hideout at Premtala in Sitakunda. Two SWAT members were also injured during the gunfight.
Two of the deceased are Kamal and his wife Jobaida hailing from Naikkhongchhari upazila of Bandarban district while their child and the rest two militants could not be known yet.