- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Families reluctant to receive bodies of ‘militant couple’
Feeling embarrassed at their activities, family members of a suspected militant couple, who along with their child and two other militants were killed during a special drive at Premtala in Sitakunda upazila, refused to receive their bodies.
“They’ve humiliated us with their activities. So, we won’t receive their bodies,” said Muzaffar Ahmed, father of slain militant Kamal Uddin, while talking to reporters at Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Monday noon.
On March 16, four suspected militants, including the couple, and their six-year-old boy were killed during a special raid by joint forces on a militant hideout at Premtala in Sitakunda. Two SWAT members were also injured during the gunfight.
Two of the deceased are Kamal and his wife Jobaida hailing from Naikkhongchhari upazila of Bandarban district while their child and the rest two militants could not be known yet.