- Unknown youth killed in city bomb blast
- Infiltrators to be driven out of AL, says Quader
- 24 Bangladeshi nationals held in Satkhira
- Rajuk fines bank, hospital in residential area
- Nation worried over PM’s India tour: BNP
- IU CSE dept gets new chairman
- 3 DU students get ‘Prof Habiba Khatun Scholarship’
- No conspiracy against Bangladesh to work: PM
- Mufti Hannan to get 7 days for seeking mercy, says IG Prisons
- Work on Tk 20 cr water treatment plant going on in Khulna
Families reluctant to receive bodies of ‘militant couple’
Feeling embarrassed at their activities, family members of a suspected militant couple, who along with their child and two other militants were killed during a special drive at Premtala in Sitakunda upazila, refused to receive their bodies.
“They’ve humiliated us with their activities. So, we won’t receive their bodies,” said Muzaffar Ahmed, father of slain militant Kamal Uddin, while talking to reporters at Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) on Monday noon.
On March 16, four suspected militants, including the couple, and their six-year-old boy were killed during a special raid by joint forces on a militant hideout at Premtala in Sitakunda. Two SWAT members were also injured during the gunfight.
Two of the deceased are Kamal and his wife Jobaida hailing from Naikkhongchhari upazila of Bandarban district while their child and the rest two militants could not be known yet.