- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
3 to die for murders in Kushita
Two separate courts here on Monday sentenced three people to death for murders.
Judge Touhidul Islam of additional District and Sessions Judge Court-2 sentenced two people to death for killing a van puller in 2015.
The court also fined the convicts—Santu Sheikh, 22, son of Kamal Hossain and Mahabul Islam, 26, son of Saleman Karigor of Palpara village in Mirpur upazila—Tk 10,000 each.
According to the prosecution, the throat-slit body of Nishan, 14, a van puller and son of Enamul Mandal of Mirpur upazila, was found at Bhanga Bottoil on July 25, 2015.
Nishan’s father filed a case with Mirpur Police station on the following day.
Later police arrested two people for their suspected involvement in the killing and following their confessional statement police recovered the van of Nishan. Police submitted chargesheet against the duo in this connection.