- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
3 to die for murders in Kushita
Two separate courts here on Monday sentenced three people to death for murders.
Judge Touhidul Islam of additional District and Sessions Judge Court-2 sentenced two people to death for killing a van puller in 2015.
The court also fined the convicts—Santu Sheikh, 22, son of Kamal Hossain and Mahabul Islam, 26, son of Saleman Karigor of Palpara village in Mirpur upazila—Tk 10,000 each.
According to the prosecution, the throat-slit body of Nishan, 14, a van puller and son of Enamul Mandal of Mirpur upazila, was found at Bhanga Bottoil on July 25, 2015.
Nishan’s father filed a case with Mirpur Police station on the following day.
Later police arrested two people for their suspected involvement in the killing and following their confessional statement police recovered the van of Nishan. Police submitted chargesheet against the duo in this connection.