- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
3 to die for murders in Kushita
Two separate courts here on Monday sentenced three people to death for murders.
Judge Touhidul Islam of additional District and Sessions Judge Court-2 sentenced two people to death for killing a van puller in 2015.
The court also fined the convicts—Santu Sheikh, 22, son of Kamal Hossain and Mahabul Islam, 26, son of Saleman Karigor of Palpara village in Mirpur upazila—Tk 10,000 each.
According to the prosecution, the throat-slit body of Nishan, 14, a van puller and son of Enamul Mandal of Mirpur upazila, was found at Bhanga Bottoil on July 25, 2015.
Nishan’s father filed a case with Mirpur Police station on the following day.
Later police arrested two people for their suspected involvement in the killing and following their confessional statement police recovered the van of Nishan. Police submitted chargesheet against the duo in this connection.