- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
3 to die for murders in Kushita
Two separate courts here on Monday sentenced three people to death for murders.
Judge Touhidul Islam of additional District and Sessions Judge Court-2 sentenced two people to death for killing a van puller in 2015.
The court also fined the convicts—Santu Sheikh, 22, son of Kamal Hossain and Mahabul Islam, 26, son of Saleman Karigor of Palpara village in Mirpur upazila—Tk 10,000 each.
According to the prosecution, the throat-slit body of Nishan, 14, a van puller and son of Enamul Mandal of Mirpur upazila, was found at Bhanga Bottoil on July 25, 2015.
Nishan’s father filed a case with Mirpur Police station on the following day.
Later police arrested two people for their suspected involvement in the killing and following their confessional statement police recovered the van of Nishan. Police submitted chargesheet against the duo in this connection.