- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
Public holiday in Gaibandha-1 Wednesday for by-polls
The government has declared a public holiday for Wednesday in Gaibandha-1 election area to facilitate the proper holding of the by-polls to the parliamentary constituency on the day.
The public holiday has been announced so that all voters working in government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices, insinuations, organisations and educational institutions situated in the areas concerned can cast their votes and those to be engaged in the election process can perform their duties, said a notification issued by the Public Administration Ministry on Monday.
It, however, said if there is any scheduled public examinations in the area on that day, the exam centres and all teachers and employees concerned will remain out of the purview of the public holiday.