- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
Public holiday in Gaibandha-1 Wednesday for by-polls
The government has declared a public holiday for Wednesday in Gaibandha-1 election area to facilitate the proper holding of the by-polls to the parliamentary constituency on the day.
The public holiday has been announced so that all voters working in government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices, insinuations, organisations and educational institutions situated in the areas concerned can cast their votes and those to be engaged in the election process can perform their duties, said a notification issued by the Public Administration Ministry on Monday.
It, however, said if there is any scheduled public examinations in the area on that day, the exam centres and all teachers and employees concerned will remain out of the purview of the public holiday.