- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Public holiday in Gaibandha-1 Wednesday for by-polls
The government has declared a public holiday for Wednesday in Gaibandha-1 election area to facilitate the proper holding of the by-polls to the parliamentary constituency on the day.
The public holiday has been announced so that all voters working in government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices, insinuations, organisations and educational institutions situated in the areas concerned can cast their votes and those to be engaged in the election process can perform their duties, said a notification issued by the Public Administration Ministry on Monday.
It, however, said if there is any scheduled public examinations in the area on that day, the exam centres and all teachers and employees concerned will remain out of the purview of the public holiday.