- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Public holiday in Gaibandha-1 Wednesday for by-polls
The government has declared a public holiday for Wednesday in Gaibandha-1 election area to facilitate the proper holding of the by-polls to the parliamentary constituency on the day.
The public holiday has been announced so that all voters working in government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices, insinuations, organisations and educational institutions situated in the areas concerned can cast their votes and those to be engaged in the election process can perform their duties, said a notification issued by the Public Administration Ministry on Monday.
It, however, said if there is any scheduled public examinations in the area on that day, the exam centres and all teachers and employees concerned will remain out of the purview of the public holiday.