- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Public holiday in Gaibandha-1 Wednesday for by-polls
The government has declared a public holiday for Wednesday in Gaibandha-1 election area to facilitate the proper holding of the by-polls to the parliamentary constituency on the day.
The public holiday has been announced so that all voters working in government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices, insinuations, organisations and educational institutions situated in the areas concerned can cast their votes and those to be engaged in the election process can perform their duties, said a notification issued by the Public Administration Ministry on Monday.
It, however, said if there is any scheduled public examinations in the area on that day, the exam centres and all teachers and employees concerned will remain out of the purview of the public holiday.