- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Cabinet okays draft bill to bring discipline in land management
The Cabinet on Monday approved the draft of Urban and Zone Planning Bill, 2017 aimed at brining discipline in land management and restricting the misuse of land in the country.
The Cabinet gave the approval in principle at its regular weekly meeting held at the Bangladesh Secretariat with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Cabinet Secretary M Shafiul Alam briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said there will be a high-powered 27-member advisory council with the Housing Minister as its chief. This council will give policy support to various institutions that are now involved in land management in the country.
The Cabinet Secretary said a 25-member executive council will also be constituted with the Housing Secretary as its head.