- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
Cabinet okays draft bill to bring discipline in land management
The Cabinet on Monday approved the draft of Urban and Zone Planning Bill, 2017 aimed at brining discipline in land management and restricting the misuse of land in the country.
The Cabinet gave the approval in principle at its regular weekly meeting held at the Bangladesh Secretariat with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Cabinet Secretary M Shafiul Alam briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said there will be a high-powered 27-member advisory council with the Housing Minister as its chief. This council will give policy support to various institutions that are now involved in land management in the country.
The Cabinet Secretary said a 25-member executive council will also be constituted with the Housing Secretary as its head.