- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Cabinet okays draft bill to bring discipline in land management
The Cabinet on Monday approved the draft of Urban and Zone Planning Bill, 2017 aimed at brining discipline in land management and restricting the misuse of land in the country.
The Cabinet gave the approval in principle at its regular weekly meeting held at the Bangladesh Secretariat with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Cabinet Secretary M Shafiul Alam briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said there will be a high-powered 27-member advisory council with the Housing Minister as its chief. This council will give policy support to various institutions that are now involved in land management in the country.
The Cabinet Secretary said a 25-member executive council will also be constituted with the Housing Secretary as its head.