- Unknown youth killed in city bomb blast
- Infiltrators to be driven out of AL, says Quader
- 24 Bangladeshi nationals held in Satkhira
- Rajuk fines bank, hospital in residential area
- Nation worried over PM’s India tour: BNP
- IU CSE dept gets new chairman
- 3 DU students get ‘Prof Habiba Khatun Scholarship’
- No conspiracy against Bangladesh to work: PM
- Mufti Hannan to get 7 days for seeking mercy, says IG Prisons
- Work on Tk 20 cr water treatment plant going on in Khulna
Cabinet okays draft bill to bring discipline in land management
The Cabinet on Monday approved the draft of Urban and Zone Planning Bill, 2017 aimed at brining discipline in land management and restricting the misuse of land in the country.
The Cabinet gave the approval in principle at its regular weekly meeting held at the Bangladesh Secretariat with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Cabinet Secretary M Shafiul Alam briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said there will be a high-powered 27-member advisory council with the Housing Minister as its chief. This council will give policy support to various institutions that are now involved in land management in the country.
The Cabinet Secretary said a 25-member executive council will also be constituted with the Housing Secretary as its head.