- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Cabinet okays draft bill to bring discipline in land management
The Cabinet on Monday approved the draft of Urban and Zone Planning Bill, 2017 aimed at brining discipline in land management and restricting the misuse of land in the country.
The Cabinet gave the approval in principle at its regular weekly meeting held at the Bangladesh Secretariat with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Cabinet Secretary M Shafiul Alam briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said there will be a high-powered 27-member advisory council with the Housing Minister as its chief. This council will give policy support to various institutions that are now involved in land management in the country.
The Cabinet Secretary said a 25-member executive council will also be constituted with the Housing Secretary as its head.