- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Japan provides US$ 83,289 in grant for vocational training
The government of Japan has provided US$ 83,289 as grants to Khan Bahadur Foundation through Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGHSP).
The grant contract of GGHSP was signed between Japanese Ambassador in Dhaka Masato Watanabe and Mahmudul Islam Chowdhury of Khan Bahadur Foundation at the Embassy of Japan here on Tuesday.
Khan Bahadur Foundation was awarded the grant for its project to construct a vocational training centre, ‘Banshkhali Polytechnical Institute (BPI)’, in Banshkhali upazila, Chittagong.
Bangladesh has a large number of unskilled workers of whom only 4 percent avails themselves of opportunities to receive vocational training. So, the need for quality vocational training facility is very much in demand, said a Japanese Embassy media release.
In line with this demand, the government of Japan has come forward to support the Khan Bahadur Foundation.