- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
3 to die for killing Comilla expatriate
A court here on Wednesday sentenced three people to death for killing an expatriate after abduction in 2013.
The condemned convicts are Shipon Majumdar alias Ripon, 22, Shahabuddin, 22, son of Siddiqur Rahman of Manikpur village in Chouddagram upazila, and Taslima alias Salma, 26, wife of Khokon Miah of Chanpur area in the town.
According to the prosecution, Shamsul Huda, 38, an expatriate and son of Latib Shikder of Chouddagram upazila, was hacked to death by the convicts after abduction on December 12, 2013. They also demanded Tk 2.50 lakh as ransom from the victim’s family over phone.
A general diary was lodged with Kotwali Model Police Station.
After tracking the mobile phones, police came to know that Salma, Ripon and Shahabuddin were involved in the killing and arrested them from different parts of the district.