- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
3 to die for killing Comilla expatriate
A court here on Wednesday sentenced three people to death for killing an expatriate after abduction in 2013.
The condemned convicts are Shipon Majumdar alias Ripon, 22, Shahabuddin, 22, son of Siddiqur Rahman of Manikpur village in Chouddagram upazila, and Taslima alias Salma, 26, wife of Khokon Miah of Chanpur area in the town.
According to the prosecution, Shamsul Huda, 38, an expatriate and son of Latib Shikder of Chouddagram upazila, was hacked to death by the convicts after abduction on December 12, 2013. They also demanded Tk 2.50 lakh as ransom from the victim’s family over phone.
A general diary was lodged with Kotwali Model Police Station.
After tracking the mobile phones, police came to know that Salma, Ripon and Shahabuddin were involved in the killing and arrested them from different parts of the district.