- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
3 to die for killing Comilla expatriate
A court here on Wednesday sentenced three people to death for killing an expatriate after abduction in 2013.
The condemned convicts are Shipon Majumdar alias Ripon, 22, Shahabuddin, 22, son of Siddiqur Rahman of Manikpur village in Chouddagram upazila, and Taslima alias Salma, 26, wife of Khokon Miah of Chanpur area in the town.
According to the prosecution, Shamsul Huda, 38, an expatriate and son of Latib Shikder of Chouddagram upazila, was hacked to death by the convicts after abduction on December 12, 2013. They also demanded Tk 2.50 lakh as ransom from the victim’s family over phone.
A general diary was lodged with Kotwali Model Police Station.
After tracking the mobile phones, police came to know that Salma, Ripon and Shahabuddin were involved in the killing and arrested them from different parts of the district.