- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
9 rescued while trafficking to Malaysia, Cyprus
Member of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) rescued nine people from different part of the capital on Tuesday night while being trafficked to Malaysia and Cyprus.
The identities of the victims could not be ascertained immediately.
A Rab official told the UNB that acting on a tip-off, a team of Rab-3 conducted separate drives in different areas of the capital on Tuesday night and rescued the nine victims.
However, the Rab members could not arrest any members of the trafficking gang.
The details of the drives will be briefed later, Rab officials added.