- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
9 rescued while trafficking to Malaysia, Cyprus
Member of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) rescued nine people from different part of the capital on Tuesday night while being trafficked to Malaysia and Cyprus.
The identities of the victims could not be ascertained immediately.
A Rab official told the UNB that acting on a tip-off, a team of Rab-3 conducted separate drives in different areas of the capital on Tuesday night and rescued the nine victims.
However, the Rab members could not arrest any members of the trafficking gang.
The details of the drives will be briefed later, Rab officials added.