- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
9 rescued while trafficking to Malaysia, Cyprus
Member of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) rescued nine people from different part of the capital on Tuesday night while being trafficked to Malaysia and Cyprus.
The identities of the victims could not be ascertained immediately.
A Rab official told the UNB that acting on a tip-off, a team of Rab-3 conducted separate drives in different areas of the capital on Tuesday night and rescued the nine victims.
However, the Rab members could not arrest any members of the trafficking gang.
The details of the drives will be briefed later, Rab officials added.