- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Unknown youth killed in city bomb blast
An unidentified young man was killed as a bomb he was reportedly carrying exploded near a police check-post at Airport Road in the city on Friday evening.
Deputy Commissioner (Media) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Masudur Rahman told UNB that the bomb being carried by the youth went off around 7:20pm, leaving him dead on the spot.
However, no one else was injured in the blast that look place at the mouth of Ashkona road on the east side of the Airport Road.
Huge police and Rab members were deployed in the area following the blast. They kept the spot cordoned off.
Besides, a crime scene unit of Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of police reached the scene to collect evidence.
After the incident, security was beefed up at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport with the deployment of additional members of Armed Police Battalion (APBn), sources at the airport said.
Meanwhile, Director General of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) Benazir Ahmed and Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Commissioner M Asaduzzaman Mia visited the spot.