- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
Happy birthday, Shakib Al Hasan
Hadn’t he born, Bangladesh cricket team would have deprived of many outstanding victories.
Number one all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, who demonstrated his magical batting and bowling displays many times to ensure victories for the Tigers, stepped into 31st year on Friday.
However, he was celebrating his birthday with his teammates in Sri Lanka as the Tigers will take on the hosts on Saturday in the 1st ODI of the three-match series.
Born on March 24 in 1987 in Magura, Shakib started his international career with ODI on Aug 6, 2006 against Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club.
Since his first appearance, the all-rounder has played 166 ODIs and scored 4650 at average 34.70 runs while captured 220 wickets conceding average 28.07 runs.
He made his Test debut in May 2007 against India in Chittagong and played 49 matches so far to collect 3479 runs at an average of 40.92 and bag 176 wickets.