- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
Investigations into BB fire incident begin
Two separate committees have been formed to probe last week's fire incident at Bangladesh Bank.
One committee was formed by the Fire Service and Civil Defence (FSCD), while the other by the central bank.
Bangladesh Bank's 3-member committee to investigate the incident on its 13th floor started working on Friday.
"The committee, headed by Executive Director of the central bank Ahmed Zaman, has already started investigation," Abul Kalam Azad, deputy spokesman and general manager of communication department of the central bank told UNB.
He also informed that the committee will be doing a spot visit as part of its primary tasks.
The FSCD formed a 5-member committee led by its Deputy Director (Dhaka) Samarandra Nath. The Committee was asked to submit its report as early as possible, said duty officer of FSCD control room Mizanur Rahman.
Seventeen fire fighter units went to the central bank in Dhaka's Motijheel and brought the fire under control within an hour. However, no casualties were reported from the fire on the 13th floor, that housed the Foreign Exchange Policy Department of the central bank.