- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
34 BD missions fail to achieve Jul-Feb export targets
Thirty-four Bangladesh missions, out of total 56, failed to achieve their respective export targets for the first eight months (July-February) of the current fiscal year (2016-17).
The key Bangladesh missions like the ones in Washington, London, Madrid, Ottawa, Canberra, Ottawa and Tokyo could not reach their July-February export targets while some other important missions -- Berlin, Beijing, Moscow, Copenhagen, Riyadh, Rome, Moscow, The Hague – had been able to reach their goals during the period.
The overall export earnings in the July-February period stood at $ 22,836.26 million against the strategic target of $ 24,059 million, showing a fall of 5.08 percent.
Of the 56 Bangladesh missions, some 22 achieved their respective export targets set for the July-February period, according to the latest statistics provided by the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
The 22 well-performing missions are in Berlin, Beijing, Moscow, Copenhagen, Katmandu, Athens, Colombo, Ankara, Baghdad, Bangkok, Vienna, Jakarta, Riyadh, Rome, Warsaw, Beirut, Male, Islamabad, Port Luis, The Hague, Lisbon and Tashkent.