- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
1st ODI: Tigers score 324/5 against Sri Lanka
Tamim Iqbal’s century of 127 runs spurred Bangladesh’s innings collection to 324/5 against Sri Lanka in the 1st ODI of a three-match at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium on Saturday.
Sent in to bat first, the Tigers played quota 50 overs for their collection where all-rounder Ahakib Al Hasan and Sabbir Rahman were the other notable scorers hammering quick half centuries.
Tamim played an innings of 142 balls to feature 15 boundaries and one over boundary, to complete his 8th ODI century and was caught by Danushka Gunathilaka off Lahiru Kumara’s bowling leaving team total at 289/5 in 47.5 overs.
Tamim completed his ton taking a single off Lahiru Kumara’s bowling when Bangladesh’s collection was at 231/3 42.2 overs.
Besides his individual score, Tamim played two worthwhile partnership innings in the 4th and 2nd wickets for pairing with Shakib and Sabbir.
Tamim paired with Sahkib in the 4th wicket for 144 in 23.4 overs that carried the team total to 264/4 in 45.5 overs from 120/3 in 22.1 overs, before Shakib was caught by Lakshan Sandakan off Suranga Lakmal bowling.
In the 2nd wicket, Tamim stayed with Sabbir Rahman to recover the early jolt played a partnership innings of 90 in16.5 overs to carry team figure to 119/2 in 21.3 overs, before Sabbir was caught by Upul Tharanga off Asela Gunaratne’s bowling.
Shakib stayed for 72 off 71ball, including four boundaries and one over boundary, while Sabbir was out completing his 4th ODI half century of 54 off 56 balls, including 10 boundaries.
After reaching 100 plus mark, Tigers suffered quick falter to reach 120/3 in 22.1 overs, as Sabbir and Mushfiqur Rahim departed from the crease within a span of four balls adding one runs.
Mushfiqur Rahim could have stay with Tamim in the 3rd wicket, but dismally departed with one facing two balls only. Mushfiqur was caught and bowled by Lakshan Sandakan.
Earlier, Soumya Sarakr was out for 10 to depart from opening pair when Bangladesh colleted 29/1 in 4.4 overs from where Tamim and Sabbir started their show.