- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Tamim hammers 8th ODI ton against Sri Lanka
Tamim Iqbal hit his 8th ODI century of 127 runs on the way to the Tigers collection of 324 for 5 in 50 overs against host Sri Lanka in the 1st ODI of the three-match series at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium in on Saturday.
Tamim completed his 8th ODI ton taking a single off Lahiru Kumara’s bowling when Bangladesh’s collection was 231/3 in 42.2 overs and all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan (46 off 55 b; 1x4) pairing him in the unbeaten 4th pair of 111 in 20.2 overs.
The highest ODI scorer of Bangladesh, Tamim played so far 163 matches to score 5247 at average 33, making his ODI debut against Zimbabwe at Harare in February 9, 2007.