- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Tamim hammers 8th ODI ton against Sri Lanka
Tamim Iqbal hit his 8th ODI century of 127 runs on the way to the Tigers collection of 324 for 5 in 50 overs against host Sri Lanka in the 1st ODI of the three-match series at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium in on Saturday.
Tamim completed his 8th ODI ton taking a single off Lahiru Kumara’s bowling when Bangladesh’s collection was 231/3 in 42.2 overs and all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan (46 off 55 b; 1x4) pairing him in the unbeaten 4th pair of 111 in 20.2 overs.
The highest ODI scorer of Bangladesh, Tamim played so far 163 matches to score 5247 at average 33, making his ODI debut against Zimbabwe at Harare in February 9, 2007.