- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Tamim hammers 8th ODI ton against Sri Lanka
Tamim Iqbal hit his 8th ODI century of 127 runs on the way to the Tigers collection of 324 for 5 in 50 overs against host Sri Lanka in the 1st ODI of the three-match series at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium in on Saturday.
Tamim completed his 8th ODI ton taking a single off Lahiru Kumara’s bowling when Bangladesh’s collection was 231/3 in 42.2 overs and all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan (46 off 55 b; 1x4) pairing him in the unbeaten 4th pair of 111 in 20.2 overs.
The highest ODI scorer of Bangladesh, Tamim played so far 163 matches to score 5247 at average 33, making his ODI debut against Zimbabwe at Harare in February 9, 2007.