- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Mashrafe makes early breakthrough for Tigers vs Sri Lanka on 16/2
Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza made the first breakthrough in the very 3rd ball of the innings keeping Sri Lanka on zero as he sent opener Danushka Gunathilaka back with duck in the 1st ODI of a three-match against Sri Lanka at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium on Saturday.
Lankan skipper Upul Tharanga and Dinesh Chandimal were at crease with 12 and 0 runs at 16/2 in 7 overs.
Mashrafe continued pressure and got two consecutive maiden overs when the hosts were chasing 325 runs.
Later, debut Mehedi Hasan Miraz departed Kusal Mendis (4), was caught by Shuvagata Hom, from 2nd pair in his last ball of the 3rd over at 15/2 in 6 overs.
Bangladesh innings: 324/5 in 50 overs; Tamim Iqbal 127, Shakib Al Hasan 72, Sabbir Rahman 54, Mosaddek Hossain 24* Mahmudullah Riyad 13*, Soumya Sarkar 10, Suranga Lakmal 2/45, Asela Gunaratne 1/40, Lakshan Sandakan 1/45, Lahiru Kumara 1/74.