- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Hearing on FBCCI election adjourned till Mar 30
The Supreme Court on Monday adjourned the hearing on a petition filed over the process of holding election to the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) till March 30.
A three-member bench of the Appellate Division, led by Chief Justice S K Sinha, passed the order as there was a mistake in the paperbook.
The SC also upheld the Chamber Judge's rule that earlier said the process of holding election to FBCCI can continue until the next hearing, said M Badruddoza Badal, lawyer of Aminul Haque Shamim, president of Mymensingh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI).
On March 23 last, the Chamber Judge's issued the rule after a hearing on the petition filed by the FBCCI against an HC order that stayed the process of holding the election for two months.
The Chamber Judge also sent the petition to a regular bench of the Appellate Division and fixed March 27 (Today) for the next hearing.
The election is scheduled to be held on May 14. The FBCCI announced the schedule on February 14.
On March 22, the HC stayed for two months the election after a hearing on a writ petition filed on February 6 by Shamim, president of the MCCI, seeking a stay on the process allowing the MCCI to get enlisted in the FBBCI voter list.
In his petition, Aminul Huq alleged that there are anomalies in the voter list as his name is not there in it.
Mymensingh was a made a division in 2015 and the local chamber of commerce and industry pleaded to the FBCCI in 2016 for its inclusion, but the process has not forwarded over the last one year.