- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
DU celebrates Independence Day
Teachers, students and employees of Dhaka University have celebrated the Independence and National Day with due respect and befitting manner.
Marking the day, the national flag was hoisted atop all administrative buildings and residential halls.
Vice-chancellor of the university Prof. Dr. AAMS Arefin Siddique paid tributes to the martyrs of the War of Liberation by placing wreaths at the national monument at Savar Sunday morning.
DU Pro-Vice Chancellor (Administration) Prof. Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Treasurer Prof. Dr. Md. Kamal Uddin, among others, accompanied the VC during wreath placing at the memorial.
Later, Dhaka University Teachers’ Association (DUTA), Journalists’ Association (DUJA), officers’ association, employees’ association and different student organisations also paid homage to the martyrs of liberation war.
A cultural ceremony was hosted at Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of the university on the evening to mark the day.