- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
DU celebrates Independence Day
Teachers, students and employees of Dhaka University have celebrated the Independence and National Day with due respect and befitting manner.
Marking the day, the national flag was hoisted atop all administrative buildings and residential halls.
Vice-chancellor of the university Prof. Dr. AAMS Arefin Siddique paid tributes to the martyrs of the War of Liberation by placing wreaths at the national monument at Savar Sunday morning.
DU Pro-Vice Chancellor (Administration) Prof. Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Treasurer Prof. Dr. Md. Kamal Uddin, among others, accompanied the VC during wreath placing at the memorial.
Later, Dhaka University Teachers’ Association (DUTA), Journalists’ Association (DUJA), officers’ association, employees’ association and different student organisations also paid homage to the martyrs of liberation war.
A cultural ceremony was hosted at Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of the university on the evening to mark the day.