- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
DU celebrates Independence Day
Teachers, students and employees of Dhaka University have celebrated the Independence and National Day with due respect and befitting manner.
Marking the day, the national flag was hoisted atop all administrative buildings and residential halls.
Vice-chancellor of the university Prof. Dr. AAMS Arefin Siddique paid tributes to the martyrs of the War of Liberation by placing wreaths at the national monument at Savar Sunday morning.
DU Pro-Vice Chancellor (Administration) Prof. Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Treasurer Prof. Dr. Md. Kamal Uddin, among others, accompanied the VC during wreath placing at the memorial.
Later, Dhaka University Teachers’ Association (DUTA), Journalists’ Association (DUJA), officers’ association, employees’ association and different student organisations also paid homage to the martyrs of liberation war.
A cultural ceremony was hosted at Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of the university on the evening to mark the day.