- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
DU celebrates Independence Day
Teachers, students and employees of Dhaka University have celebrated the Independence and National Day with due respect and befitting manner.
Marking the day, the national flag was hoisted atop all administrative buildings and residential halls.
Vice-chancellor of the university Prof. Dr. AAMS Arefin Siddique paid tributes to the martyrs of the War of Liberation by placing wreaths at the national monument at Savar Sunday morning.
DU Pro-Vice Chancellor (Administration) Prof. Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Treasurer Prof. Dr. Md. Kamal Uddin, among others, accompanied the VC during wreath placing at the memorial.
Later, Dhaka University Teachers’ Association (DUTA), Journalists’ Association (DUJA), officers’ association, employees’ association and different student organisations also paid homage to the martyrs of liberation war.
A cultural ceremony was hosted at Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of the university on the evening to mark the day.