- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Indian Army chief Bipin Rawat due on March 31
Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army General Bipin Rawat arrives here on a three-day visit on Saturday.
The Indian Army chief will pay the visit responding to an invitation of Bangladesh Army Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Huq as part of the ongoing high-level exchange between the armed forces of the two neighbouring countries.
The Indian Army chief, accompanied by his spouse Madhulika Rawat and a four-member delegation, will meet President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and senior army officials during the visit.
The Bangladesh Army Chief visited India in September 2015, while the Air Force and Navy chiefs in 2016. The Indian Air Force and Navy chiefs visited Bangladesh in 2016.