- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Indian Army chief Bipin Rawat due on March 31
Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army General Bipin Rawat arrives here on a three-day visit on Saturday.
The Indian Army chief will pay the visit responding to an invitation of Bangladesh Army Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Huq as part of the ongoing high-level exchange between the armed forces of the two neighbouring countries.
The Indian Army chief, accompanied by his spouse Madhulika Rawat and a four-member delegation, will meet President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and senior army officials during the visit.
The Bangladesh Army Chief visited India in September 2015, while the Air Force and Navy chiefs in 2016. The Indian Air Force and Navy chiefs visited Bangladesh in 2016.