- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Indian Army chief Bipin Rawat due on March 31
Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army General Bipin Rawat arrives here on a three-day visit on Saturday.
The Indian Army chief will pay the visit responding to an invitation of Bangladesh Army Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Huq as part of the ongoing high-level exchange between the armed forces of the two neighbouring countries.
The Indian Army chief, accompanied by his spouse Madhulika Rawat and a four-member delegation, will meet President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and senior army officials during the visit.
The Bangladesh Army Chief visited India in September 2015, while the Air Force and Navy chiefs in 2016. The Indian Air Force and Navy chiefs visited Bangladesh in 2016.