- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Indian Army chief Bipin Rawat due on March 31
Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army General Bipin Rawat arrives here on a three-day visit on Saturday.
The Indian Army chief will pay the visit responding to an invitation of Bangladesh Army Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Huq as part of the ongoing high-level exchange between the armed forces of the two neighbouring countries.
The Indian Army chief, accompanied by his spouse Madhulika Rawat and a four-member delegation, will meet President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and senior army officials during the visit.
The Bangladesh Army Chief visited India in September 2015, while the Air Force and Navy chiefs in 2016. The Indian Air Force and Navy chiefs visited Bangladesh in 2016.