- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Indian Army chief Bipin Rawat due on March 31
Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army General Bipin Rawat arrives here on a three-day visit on Saturday.
The Indian Army chief will pay the visit responding to an invitation of Bangladesh Army Chief of Army Staff General Abu Belal Muhammad Shafiul Huq as part of the ongoing high-level exchange between the armed forces of the two neighbouring countries.
The Indian Army chief, accompanied by his spouse Madhulika Rawat and a four-member delegation, will meet President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and senior army officials during the visit.
The Bangladesh Army Chief visited India in September 2015, while the Air Force and Navy chiefs in 2016. The Indian Air Force and Navy chiefs visited Bangladesh in 2016.