- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Fire damages Tk 80 lakh worth equipment, no important file burnt: BB Spokesman
The fire incident at Bangladesh Bank damaged only equipments worth Tk 80 lakh but no "important file" was lost in the fire.
Executive director and spokesman of Bangladesh Bank Suvankar Saha said this at a press briefing at the central bank on Wednesday without giving any details of the damage. He also declined to say anything about the possible cause of the fire.
Referring to the analysis of the BB investigation committee, he said the committee found no important file was damaged or burnt in the fire that broke out on the 13th floor at 9:30 pm on March 23.
He said Fire Service Department's inquiry committee is responsible to identify the cause of the fire.
In a nearly five minute-briefing, he said the investigation committee of the central bank headed by its executive director Ahmed Zaman found a burnt electric tea kettle inside the room at the 13th floor from where the fire broke out.