- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Question papers to be printed on exam day: Nahid
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid has hoped that the question papers of public examinations will be printed on the exam day locally through adopting a digital system, aiming to prevent question paper leak.
“We hope the digital system will be implemented from the next year,” he told reporters after visiting the Dhaka College Centre during the ongoing Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the minister said, three teachers were suspended for carrying smart phones to Dhaka Treasury while collecting question papers as it is prohibited there.
They are assistant professor Abdur Rashid of Habibullah Bahar College, two lecturers --Naima Nasrin and Mahbubur Rahman of Mahakhali TNT Women College.
A total of 11,83,686 candidates under eight general education boards, Madrasah Education Board, Bangladesh Technical Education Board and Diploma in Business Studies (DIBS) Board are appearing in the HSC and its equivalent examinations across the country which began on Sunday.