- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Chhatra Union National Council session begins at DU
The 38th national council of Bangladesh Chhatra Union began at Dhaka University on Sunday.
The theme of the council is ‘students-people unite, save education-culture’.
Dhaka University professor emeritus Serajul Islam Choudhury inaugurated the four-day session at Aparajeya Bangla of the University hoisting the national and the organisation flags.
“Nowadays there is no justice in our society. We can’t ensure proper development. The discrimination between the rich and poor people is increasing day by day. Our education system is now divided among three classes,” said Prof Choudhury while speaking on the occasion.
Chhatra Union president Lucky Akter, its general secretary GM Jilani Shuvo, delegators From India, Nepal and Sri Lanka, among others, addressed on the occasion.