- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Chhatra Union National Council session begins at DU
The 38th national council of Bangladesh Chhatra Union began at Dhaka University on Sunday.
The theme of the council is ‘students-people unite, save education-culture’.
Dhaka University professor emeritus Serajul Islam Choudhury inaugurated the four-day session at Aparajeya Bangla of the University hoisting the national and the organisation flags.
“Nowadays there is no justice in our society. We can’t ensure proper development. The discrimination between the rich and poor people is increasing day by day. Our education system is now divided among three classes,” said Prof Choudhury while speaking on the occasion.
Chhatra Union president Lucky Akter, its general secretary GM Jilani Shuvo, delegators From India, Nepal and Sri Lanka, among others, addressed on the occasion.