- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Chhatra Union National Council session begins at DU
The 38th national council of Bangladesh Chhatra Union began at Dhaka University on Sunday.
The theme of the council is ‘students-people unite, save education-culture’.
Dhaka University professor emeritus Serajul Islam Choudhury inaugurated the four-day session at Aparajeya Bangla of the University hoisting the national and the organisation flags.
“Nowadays there is no justice in our society. We can’t ensure proper development. The discrimination between the rich and poor people is increasing day by day. Our education system is now divided among three classes,” said Prof Choudhury while speaking on the occasion.
Chhatra Union president Lucky Akter, its general secretary GM Jilani Shuvo, delegators From India, Nepal and Sri Lanka, among others, addressed on the occasion.