- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Chhatra Union National Council session begins at DU
The 38th national council of Bangladesh Chhatra Union began at Dhaka University on Sunday.
The theme of the council is ‘students-people unite, save education-culture’.
Dhaka University professor emeritus Serajul Islam Choudhury inaugurated the four-day session at Aparajeya Bangla of the University hoisting the national and the organisation flags.
“Nowadays there is no justice in our society. We can’t ensure proper development. The discrimination between the rich and poor people is increasing day by day. Our education system is now divided among three classes,” said Prof Choudhury while speaking on the occasion.
Chhatra Union president Lucky Akter, its general secretary GM Jilani Shuvo, delegators From India, Nepal and Sri Lanka, among others, addressed on the occasion.