- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
Garment workers stage demo blocking city roads
Workers of a garment factory staged demonstrations blocking roads adjacent to Shahbagh and Science Lab in the city to press home their various demands, including arrears, on Thursday morning.
Officer-in-charge of New Market Police Station Atikur Rahman said workers of ‘Fashion Network’ took to the streets around 11:30am and staged demonstrations, disrupting vehicular movement on the roads for an hour.
Later, police dispersed the garment workers around 12:30pm, the OC added.