- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Garment workers stage demo blocking city roads
Workers of a garment factory staged demonstrations blocking roads adjacent to Shahbagh and Science Lab in the city to press home their various demands, including arrears, on Thursday morning.
Officer-in-charge of New Market Police Station Atikur Rahman said workers of ‘Fashion Network’ took to the streets around 11:30am and staged demonstrations, disrupting vehicular movement on the roads for an hour.
Later, police dispersed the garment workers around 12:30pm, the OC added.