- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
RU student chooses honesty over Tk 1 lakh cash
A female student of Rajshahi University (RU) set an example of honesty returning Tk one lakh to its owner.
Sumi Khatun, a master’s student of Mathematics Department of the university, and also a resident student of Begum Rokeya Hall, went to Saheb Bazar on Wednesday night around 9pm.
After completing her shopping, she went to the Usha Fashion Shop at R D Market, asking the shopkeepers to look after the shopping bags she had collected earlier.
When she was done, they returned her bags with an extra bag containing the money by mistake.
Sumi herself noticed the extra bag only after returning home.
She then made a call to the shop owner, from the number printed on the shopping bag, and asked him to come to the office of her department.
In the presence of a teacher, the money was handed over to the owner around 11am here on Thursday.