- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
RU student chooses honesty over Tk 1 lakh cash
A female student of Rajshahi University (RU) set an example of honesty returning Tk one lakh to its owner.
Sumi Khatun, a master’s student of Mathematics Department of the university, and also a resident student of Begum Rokeya Hall, went to Saheb Bazar on Wednesday night around 9pm.
After completing her shopping, she went to the Usha Fashion Shop at R D Market, asking the shopkeepers to look after the shopping bags she had collected earlier.
When she was done, they returned her bags with an extra bag containing the money by mistake.
Sumi herself noticed the extra bag only after returning home.
She then made a call to the shop owner, from the number printed on the shopping bag, and asked him to come to the office of her department.
In the presence of a teacher, the money was handed over to the owner around 11am here on Thursday.