- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
Modi breaks protocol to receive Hasina
New Delhi, BdChronicle:
Breaking the protocol, Indian Prime Minster Narendra Modi on Friday noon received his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina when she arrived here on a four-day official visit that will see her signing a host of bilateral deals between Bangladesh and India.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage, arrived at Air Force Station, Palam, New Delhi at 12:05 pm (local time).
On her arrival, the Indian Prime Minister along with Indian State Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Babul Supriyo and High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India Syed Moazzem Ali welcomed the Prime Minister there.
Modi welcomed Hasina with a bouquet.
Earlier, Modi made the personal gesture beyond protocol for a few world leaders, including then US President Barack Obama and the Saudi King, they visited India.
The Prime Minister was taken to Rashtrapati Bhavan in a ceremonial motorcade where she will be staying during the visit.
Earlier, the VVIP flight of Biman left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 10:10 am (local time).
Ministers, Advisers to the Prime Minister and high civil and military officials saw the Prime Minister off at the airport.