- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
Modi breaks protocol to receive Hasina
New Delhi, BdChronicle:
Breaking the protocol, Indian Prime Minster Narendra Modi on Friday noon received his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina when she arrived here on a four-day official visit that will see her signing a host of bilateral deals between Bangladesh and India.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage, arrived at Air Force Station, Palam, New Delhi at 12:05 pm (local time).
On her arrival, the Indian Prime Minister along with Indian State Minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Babul Supriyo and High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India Syed Moazzem Ali welcomed the Prime Minister there.
Modi welcomed Hasina with a bouquet.
Earlier, Modi made the personal gesture beyond protocol for a few world leaders, including then US President Barack Obama and the Saudi King, they visited India.
The Prime Minister was taken to Rashtrapati Bhavan in a ceremonial motorcade where she will be staying during the visit.
Earlier, the VVIP flight of Biman left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 10:10 am (local time).
Ministers, Advisers to the Prime Minister and high civil and military officials saw the Prime Minister off at the airport.