- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Muggers loot Tk 5 lakh shooting NGO official in city
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
Muggers looted money from an NGO official shooting him at the city’s Uttara on Monday.
Police said Abidul Islam, 27, an employee of a Kuwait-funded non-government organisation, withdrew Tk 5 lakh from the Islami Bank of the Sonargaon Janapad Road branch in Uttara around 1:40pm.
The incident took place when a group of six muggers on three motorcycles intercepted Abidul and his friend Abul Kalam Azad on the way to his office at road no-12 of Sector-12 in Uttara.
The criminals shot Abidul in his left leg and snatched away his bag containing the Tk five lakh.
He was first taken to Bangladesh Medical College Hospital and later shifted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), said sub-inspector Bachchu Miah, also in-charge of the DMCH police camp