- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
Muggers loot Tk 5 lakh shooting NGO official in city
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
Muggers looted money from an NGO official shooting him at the city’s Uttara on Monday.
Police said Abidul Islam, 27, an employee of a Kuwait-funded non-government organisation, withdrew Tk 5 lakh from the Islami Bank of the Sonargaon Janapad Road branch in Uttara around 1:40pm.
The incident took place when a group of six muggers on three motorcycles intercepted Abidul and his friend Abul Kalam Azad on the way to his office at road no-12 of Sector-12 in Uttara.
The criminals shot Abidul in his left leg and snatched away his bag containing the Tk five lakh.
He was first taken to Bangladesh Medical College Hospital and later shifted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), said sub-inspector Bachchu Miah, also in-charge of the DMCH police camp