- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Muggers loot Tk 5 lakh shooting NGO official in city
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
Muggers looted money from an NGO official shooting him at the city’s Uttara on Monday.
Police said Abidul Islam, 27, an employee of a Kuwait-funded non-government organisation, withdrew Tk 5 lakh from the Islami Bank of the Sonargaon Janapad Road branch in Uttara around 1:40pm.
The incident took place when a group of six muggers on three motorcycles intercepted Abidul and his friend Abul Kalam Azad on the way to his office at road no-12 of Sector-12 in Uttara.
The criminals shot Abidul in his left leg and snatched away his bag containing the Tk five lakh.
He was first taken to Bangladesh Medical College Hospital and later shifted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), said sub-inspector Bachchu Miah, also in-charge of the DMCH police camp