- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Muhith: Tax on city building owners from next fiscal year
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has said the building owners in Dhaka will be brought under the tax net from the next fiscal year.
“We will include students in tax teams who will identify buildings in the capital,” he told reporters after a pre-budget meeting with the chairman of parliamentary standing committee at State Guest House Padma on Monday.
He said tax notices would be served to the building owners in a bid to increase the number of potential taxpayers.
The minister said: “There are currently 2.8 million taxpayers in Bangladesh and our target is to take the number to 10 million.”