- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Muhith: Tax on city building owners from next fiscal year
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has said the building owners in Dhaka will be brought under the tax net from the next fiscal year.
“We will include students in tax teams who will identify buildings in the capital,” he told reporters after a pre-budget meeting with the chairman of parliamentary standing committee at State Guest House Padma on Monday.
He said tax notices would be served to the building owners in a bid to increase the number of potential taxpayers.
The minister said: “There are currently 2.8 million taxpayers in Bangladesh and our target is to take the number to 10 million.”