- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Muhith: Tax on city building owners from next fiscal year
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has said the building owners in Dhaka will be brought under the tax net from the next fiscal year.
“We will include students in tax teams who will identify buildings in the capital,” he told reporters after a pre-budget meeting with the chairman of parliamentary standing committee at State Guest House Padma on Monday.
He said tax notices would be served to the building owners in a bid to increase the number of potential taxpayers.
The minister said: “There are currently 2.8 million taxpayers in Bangladesh and our target is to take the number to 10 million.”