- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Muhith: Tax on city building owners from next fiscal year
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has said the building owners in Dhaka will be brought under the tax net from the next fiscal year.
“We will include students in tax teams who will identify buildings in the capital,” he told reporters after a pre-budget meeting with the chairman of parliamentary standing committee at State Guest House Padma on Monday.
He said tax notices would be served to the building owners in a bid to increase the number of potential taxpayers.
The minister said: “There are currently 2.8 million taxpayers in Bangladesh and our target is to take the number to 10 million.”