- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
UN meeting on ecommerce in developing countries Apr 24-28
Dhaka, BdChronicle :
The 2017 edition of Unctad E-commerce week will be held from April 24–28 at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, with the theme ‘Towards inclusive e-commerce’.
On April 25, the high-level event ‘Digital Transformation for All: Empowering Entrepreneurs and Small Business’ will be the highlight of the week.
An interactive dialogue with ministers and representatives of government, international organisations, industry captains, civil society members, academia and youth will be held, according to a message UNB received here from Geneva.
The event will set the scene for the rest of the week and provide different perspectives on how societies could adapt to the changing economic landscape brought about by the digital revolution.
It comes at a crucial moment when many governments grapple with the impact of the digital economy and the opportunities it presents for global growth and inclusive development.
While e-commerce is widely recognised as an important driver of innovation, competitiveness, job creation and growth, most developing countries need more assistance to benefit from the evolving digital economy.