- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Tigers receive winning bonus from PM
Bangladesh Cricket Team on Sunday received Tk 2 crore as cash incentives for their stunning success in the recent tour of Sri Lanka.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina handed over a cheque for Tk 1 crore to Bangladesh limited-overs captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza while another one for the similar amount to Test skipper Mushfiqur Rahim at a reception she accorded to the country's leading athletes and players at her official residence Ganobhaban.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board gave the money to the Tigers for their historic win over Sri Lanka in their 100th Test and leveling the ODI and T20I series 1-1 each.
Bangladesh defeat Sri Lanka by four wickets in the last Test of the two-match series at P Sara Oval in Colombo on March 19 to celebrate their 100th Test match in style.
Meanwhile, the Prime Minister also handed over the keys of apartments to three 2016 South Asian Games gold medalists -- swimmer Mahfuza Khatun Shila, weightlifter Mabia Akter Simanta and shooter Shakil Ahmed.
She then handed over medals and cheques for money to the players of Bangladesh Women Cricket Team, Bangladesh National Cricket Team, Bangladesh Women Soccer Team, Bangladesh Under-14 Football Team, Bangladesh Deaf Cricket Team, Bangladesh Special Winter Olympics Team, Bangladesh Men and Women Archery Teams, Bangladesh Roller Skating Team, Bangladesh Men and Women Handball Teams, Bangladesh Hockey Team, Bangladesh Shooting Team, Bangladesh Weightlifting Team, Bangladesh Volleyball Team and Bangladesh Junior Women Badminton Team.
Hasina also handed over Tk 1 crore each to Bangladesh Hockey Federation and Bangladesh Swimming Federation. The BCB has recently pledged to give the money as donations to the two federations.
She gave Tk 10 lakh to Bangladesh Under-16 Women Team which became champions in the AFC Regional Championship held in Dhaka in August last. The BCB gave this donation, too.