- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Obaidul indicted in Risha murder case; Trial begins May 8
A court here on Monday framed charges against Obaidul Khan, the lone accused in Willes Little Flower School and College student Suraiya Akhter Risha murder case.
Dhaka-8 additional metropolitan sessions judge Abul Kashem fixed May 8 for starting the trial.
Risha, 14, daughter of Md Ramzan Ali of Bangshal of old Dhaka and an eighth-grader of Willes Little Flower School and College, was stabbed by Obaidul in front of her educational institution at Kakrail in the capital on 24 August last year.
She succumbed to her wounds at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on August 28.
Later, police arrested Obaidul Khan, 29, son of late Abdus Samad of Miratongi village of Birganj upazila in Dinajpur from Nilphamari district on August 31 in connection with the murder.