- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Obaidul indicted in Risha murder case; Trial begins May 8
A court here on Monday framed charges against Obaidul Khan, the lone accused in Willes Little Flower School and College student Suraiya Akhter Risha murder case.
Dhaka-8 additional metropolitan sessions judge Abul Kashem fixed May 8 for starting the trial.
Risha, 14, daughter of Md Ramzan Ali of Bangshal of old Dhaka and an eighth-grader of Willes Little Flower School and College, was stabbed by Obaidul in front of her educational institution at Kakrail in the capital on 24 August last year.
She succumbed to her wounds at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on August 28.
Later, police arrested Obaidul Khan, 29, son of late Abdus Samad of Miratongi village of Birganj upazila in Dinajpur from Nilphamari district on August 31 in connection with the murder.