- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
Obaidul indicted in Risha murder case; Trial begins May 8
A court here on Monday framed charges against Obaidul Khan, the lone accused in Willes Little Flower School and College student Suraiya Akhter Risha murder case.
Dhaka-8 additional metropolitan sessions judge Abul Kashem fixed May 8 for starting the trial.
Risha, 14, daughter of Md Ramzan Ali of Bangshal of old Dhaka and an eighth-grader of Willes Little Flower School and College, was stabbed by Obaidul in front of her educational institution at Kakrail in the capital on 24 August last year.
She succumbed to her wounds at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on August 28.
Later, police arrested Obaidul Khan, 29, son of late Abdus Samad of Miratongi village of Birganj upazila in Dinajpur from Nilphamari district on August 31 in connection with the murder.