- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Obaidul indicted in Risha murder case; Trial begins May 8
A court here on Monday framed charges against Obaidul Khan, the lone accused in Willes Little Flower School and College student Suraiya Akhter Risha murder case.
Dhaka-8 additional metropolitan sessions judge Abul Kashem fixed May 8 for starting the trial.
Risha, 14, daughter of Md Ramzan Ali of Bangshal of old Dhaka and an eighth-grader of Willes Little Flower School and College, was stabbed by Obaidul in front of her educational institution at Kakrail in the capital on 24 August last year.
She succumbed to her wounds at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on August 28.
Later, police arrested Obaidul Khan, 29, son of late Abdus Samad of Miratongi village of Birganj upazila in Dinajpur from Nilphamari district on August 31 in connection with the murder.