- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Polish technology offered for extraction of BD mineral resources
Poland has offered Bangladesh their state-of-the-art technology for extraction of mineral resources, including coal, in Bangladesh.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam held bilateral talks with Deputy Minister for Development Cooperation, Africa and Middle-East, Asia and Pacific, Economic Diplomacy and Human Rights at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Joanna Wronecka in Warsaw on Thursday and discussed cooperation between the two countries.
Joanna Wronecka said balance of trade between the two countries is heavily in favour of Bangladesh and they would like to reduce that gap by offering to transfer state-of-the-art Polish technology for extraction of mineral resources, including coal, in Bangladesh, said a foreign ministry press release on Friday.
Shahriar termed Bangladesh an increasingly geostrategic regional economic and logistics hub where many European countries are showing keen interest to invest and do business.