- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
Polish technology offered for extraction of BD mineral resources
Poland has offered Bangladesh their state-of-the-art technology for extraction of mineral resources, including coal, in Bangladesh.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam held bilateral talks with Deputy Minister for Development Cooperation, Africa and Middle-East, Asia and Pacific, Economic Diplomacy and Human Rights at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Joanna Wronecka in Warsaw on Thursday and discussed cooperation between the two countries.
Joanna Wronecka said balance of trade between the two countries is heavily in favour of Bangladesh and they would like to reduce that gap by offering to transfer state-of-the-art Polish technology for extraction of mineral resources, including coal, in Bangladesh, said a foreign ministry press release on Friday.
Shahriar termed Bangladesh an increasingly geostrategic regional economic and logistics hub where many European countries are showing keen interest to invest and do business.