- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Polish technology offered for extraction of BD mineral resources
Poland has offered Bangladesh their state-of-the-art technology for extraction of mineral resources, including coal, in Bangladesh.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam held bilateral talks with Deputy Minister for Development Cooperation, Africa and Middle-East, Asia and Pacific, Economic Diplomacy and Human Rights at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Joanna Wronecka in Warsaw on Thursday and discussed cooperation between the two countries.
Joanna Wronecka said balance of trade between the two countries is heavily in favour of Bangladesh and they would like to reduce that gap by offering to transfer state-of-the-art Polish technology for extraction of mineral resources, including coal, in Bangladesh, said a foreign ministry press release on Friday.
Shahriar termed Bangladesh an increasingly geostrategic regional economic and logistics hub where many European countries are showing keen interest to invest and do business.