- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
One killed in Gopalganj clash
A man was killed and 20 others were injured in a clash between two rival groups over establishing supremacy at Khalia village in Sadar upazila on Friday.
Police said Saparul Alam Tika, the newly elected chairman of Jalalabad Union, and his rival Mitul had long been at loggerheads over establishing supremacy.
As a sequel to the enmity, the supporters of Saparul and Mitul locked into an altercation on Friday morning.
At onstage, both groups equipped with lethal weapons attacked each other, leaving Touhid Mollah, 40, a supporter of Mitul group, dead on the spot and 20 others injured.
Of the injured, ten were taken to Gopalganj General Hospital while the others given first aid.