- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
One killed in Gopalganj clash
A man was killed and 20 others were injured in a clash between two rival groups over establishing supremacy at Khalia village in Sadar upazila on Friday.
Police said Saparul Alam Tika, the newly elected chairman of Jalalabad Union, and his rival Mitul had long been at loggerheads over establishing supremacy.
As a sequel to the enmity, the supporters of Saparul and Mitul locked into an altercation on Friday morning.
At onstage, both groups equipped with lethal weapons attacked each other, leaving Touhid Mollah, 40, a supporter of Mitul group, dead on the spot and 20 others injured.
Of the injured, ten were taken to Gopalganj General Hospital while the others given first aid.