- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
One killed in Gopalganj clash
A man was killed and 20 others were injured in a clash between two rival groups over establishing supremacy at Khalia village in Sadar upazila on Friday.
Police said Saparul Alam Tika, the newly elected chairman of Jalalabad Union, and his rival Mitul had long been at loggerheads over establishing supremacy.
As a sequel to the enmity, the supporters of Saparul and Mitul locked into an altercation on Friday morning.
At onstage, both groups equipped with lethal weapons attacked each other, leaving Touhid Mollah, 40, a supporter of Mitul group, dead on the spot and 20 others injured.
Of the injured, ten were taken to Gopalganj General Hospital while the others given first aid.