- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
One killed in Gopalganj clash
A man was killed and 20 others were injured in a clash between two rival groups over establishing supremacy at Khalia village in Sadar upazila on Friday.
Police said Saparul Alam Tika, the newly elected chairman of Jalalabad Union, and his rival Mitul had long been at loggerheads over establishing supremacy.
As a sequel to the enmity, the supporters of Saparul and Mitul locked into an altercation on Friday morning.
At onstage, both groups equipped with lethal weapons attacked each other, leaving Touhid Mollah, 40, a supporter of Mitul group, dead on the spot and 20 others injured.
Of the injured, ten were taken to Gopalganj General Hospital while the others given first aid.