- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
3 held with fake notes in city
Members of Detective Branch (DB) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested three people and recovered forged currency worth Tk 20 lakh at Motijheel in the city on Thursday.
Sources at the DB said tipped off, a special team of DB (East) carried out a drive under the foot over bridge near Notre Dame College and arrested M Sadequr Rahman alias Sadek, 38, M Jahirul Hoque alias Khokan, 45 , and Jakir Hawlader, 35, around 3:25 pm.
The detectives recovered fake notes worth Tk 16 lakh from Sadequr and Tk 2 lakh each from Jahirul and Jakir, a DB officer said preferring anonymity.
A case was filed with Motijheel Police Station.