- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
3 held with fake notes in city
Members of Detective Branch (DB) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested three people and recovered forged currency worth Tk 20 lakh at Motijheel in the city on Thursday.
Sources at the DB said tipped off, a special team of DB (East) carried out a drive under the foot over bridge near Notre Dame College and arrested M Sadequr Rahman alias Sadek, 38, M Jahirul Hoque alias Khokan, 45 , and Jakir Hawlader, 35, around 3:25 pm.
The detectives recovered fake notes worth Tk 16 lakh from Sadequr and Tk 2 lakh each from Jahirul and Jakir, a DB officer said preferring anonymity.
A case was filed with Motijheel Police Station.