- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
3 held with fake notes in city
Members of Detective Branch (DB) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested three people and recovered forged currency worth Tk 20 lakh at Motijheel in the city on Thursday.
Sources at the DB said tipped off, a special team of DB (East) carried out a drive under the foot over bridge near Notre Dame College and arrested M Sadequr Rahman alias Sadek, 38, M Jahirul Hoque alias Khokan, 45 , and Jakir Hawlader, 35, around 3:25 pm.
The detectives recovered fake notes worth Tk 16 lakh from Sadequr and Tk 2 lakh each from Jahirul and Jakir, a DB officer said preferring anonymity.
A case was filed with Motijheel Police Station.