- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
3 held with fake notes in city
Members of Detective Branch (DB) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested three people and recovered forged currency worth Tk 20 lakh at Motijheel in the city on Thursday.
Sources at the DB said tipped off, a special team of DB (East) carried out a drive under the foot over bridge near Notre Dame College and arrested M Sadequr Rahman alias Sadek, 38, M Jahirul Hoque alias Khokan, 45 , and Jakir Hawlader, 35, around 3:25 pm.
The detectives recovered fake notes worth Tk 16 lakh from Sadequr and Tk 2 lakh each from Jahirul and Jakir, a DB officer said preferring anonymity.
A case was filed with Motijheel Police Station.