- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
3 held with fake notes in city
Members of Detective Branch (DB) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested three people and recovered forged currency worth Tk 20 lakh at Motijheel in the city on Thursday.
Sources at the DB said tipped off, a special team of DB (East) carried out a drive under the foot over bridge near Notre Dame College and arrested M Sadequr Rahman alias Sadek, 38, M Jahirul Hoque alias Khokan, 45 , and Jakir Hawlader, 35, around 3:25 pm.
The detectives recovered fake notes worth Tk 16 lakh from Sadequr and Tk 2 lakh each from Jahirul and Jakir, a DB officer said preferring anonymity.
A case was filed with Motijheel Police Station.