- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
7 war crimes suspects held in Khulna
Police in separate drives arrested seven war crimes suspects from their houses in Dumuria upazila early Friday.
The arrestees are Abdur Rahim, Shamsur Rahman, Zahan Ali Biswas, Karim Sheikh, Abu Bakkar, Shahjahan and Raushan Ali. They hail from different parts of Khoinna, Gollamari and Banai areaa of the district.
Akkas Ali, officer-in-charge of Dumuria Police station, said police conducted separate drives in the upazila at night and arrested the seven people.
They were arrested for their alleged involvement in crimes against humanity during the Liberation War, said the OC.
On January 1, Dumuria Police filed a case with the police station against 11 people. Of them, two war crimes suspects—Najir Ali and Sohrab Ali—were arrested from Dhaka recently while the two others remained absconding.