- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
7 war crimes suspects held in Khulna
Police in separate drives arrested seven war crimes suspects from their houses in Dumuria upazila early Friday.
The arrestees are Abdur Rahim, Shamsur Rahman, Zahan Ali Biswas, Karim Sheikh, Abu Bakkar, Shahjahan and Raushan Ali. They hail from different parts of Khoinna, Gollamari and Banai areaa of the district.
Akkas Ali, officer-in-charge of Dumuria Police station, said police conducted separate drives in the upazila at night and arrested the seven people.
They were arrested for their alleged involvement in crimes against humanity during the Liberation War, said the OC.
On January 1, Dumuria Police filed a case with the police station against 11 people. Of them, two war crimes suspects—Najir Ali and Sohrab Ali—were arrested from Dhaka recently while the two others remained absconding.