- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
7 war crimes suspects held in Khulna
Police in separate drives arrested seven war crimes suspects from their houses in Dumuria upazila early Friday.
The arrestees are Abdur Rahim, Shamsur Rahman, Zahan Ali Biswas, Karim Sheikh, Abu Bakkar, Shahjahan and Raushan Ali. They hail from different parts of Khoinna, Gollamari and Banai areaa of the district.
Akkas Ali, officer-in-charge of Dumuria Police station, said police conducted separate drives in the upazila at night and arrested the seven people.
They were arrested for their alleged involvement in crimes against humanity during the Liberation War, said the OC.
On January 1, Dumuria Police filed a case with the police station against 11 people. Of them, two war crimes suspects—Najir Ali and Sohrab Ali—were arrested from Dhaka recently while the two others remained absconding.