- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
7 war crimes suspects held in Khulna
Police in separate drives arrested seven war crimes suspects from their houses in Dumuria upazila early Friday.
The arrestees are Abdur Rahim, Shamsur Rahman, Zahan Ali Biswas, Karim Sheikh, Abu Bakkar, Shahjahan and Raushan Ali. They hail from different parts of Khoinna, Gollamari and Banai areaa of the district.
Akkas Ali, officer-in-charge of Dumuria Police station, said police conducted separate drives in the upazila at night and arrested the seven people.
They were arrested for their alleged involvement in crimes against humanity during the Liberation War, said the OC.
On January 1, Dumuria Police filed a case with the police station against 11 people. Of them, two war crimes suspects—Najir Ali and Sohrab Ali—were arrested from Dhaka recently while the two others remained absconding.