- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
7 war crimes suspects held in Khulna
Police in separate drives arrested seven war crimes suspects from their houses in Dumuria upazila early Friday.
The arrestees are Abdur Rahim, Shamsur Rahman, Zahan Ali Biswas, Karim Sheikh, Abu Bakkar, Shahjahan and Raushan Ali. They hail from different parts of Khoinna, Gollamari and Banai areaa of the district.
Akkas Ali, officer-in-charge of Dumuria Police station, said police conducted separate drives in the upazila at night and arrested the seven people.
They were arrested for their alleged involvement in crimes against humanity during the Liberation War, said the OC.
On January 1, Dumuria Police filed a case with the police station against 11 people. Of them, two war crimes suspects—Najir Ali and Sohrab Ali—were arrested from Dhaka recently while the two others remained absconding.