- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
Mother, daughter injured in Gaibandha acid attack
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur Police Station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11 pm , leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.