- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Fugitive convict held in C’nawabganj
Police arrested a fugitive convict from Kansat in Shibganj upazila on Thursday.
Tipped off, police raided the area and arrested Abdul Baten, 34, son of Ali Azgar of Kalupur village in the upazila around 1 pm, said police.
A court here sentenced Baten to two years’ imprisonment in a case filed over a land dispute last year and he had been on the run since then.