- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Fugitive convict held in C’nawabganj
Police arrested a fugitive convict from Kansat in Shibganj upazila on Thursday.
Tipped off, police raided the area and arrested Abdul Baten, 34, son of Ali Azgar of Kalupur village in the upazila around 1 pm, said police.
A court here sentenced Baten to two years’ imprisonment in a case filed over a land dispute last year and he had been on the run since then.