- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Fugitive convict held in C’nawabganj
Police arrested a fugitive convict from Kansat in Shibganj upazila on Thursday.
Tipped off, police raided the area and arrested Abdul Baten, 34, son of Ali Azgar of Kalupur village in the upazila around 1 pm, said police.
A court here sentenced Baten to two years’ imprisonment in a case filed over a land dispute last year and he had been on the run since then.