- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Fugitive convict held in C’nawabganj
Police arrested a fugitive convict from Kansat in Shibganj upazila on Thursday.
Tipped off, police raided the area and arrested Abdul Baten, 34, son of Ali Azgar of Kalupur village in the upazila around 1 pm, said police.
A court here sentenced Baten to two years’ imprisonment in a case filed over a land dispute last year and he had been on the run since then.