- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Fugitive convict held in C’nawabganj
Police arrested a fugitive convict from Kansat in Shibganj upazila on Thursday.
Tipped off, police raided the area and arrested Abdul Baten, 34, son of Ali Azgar of Kalupur village in the upazila around 1 pm, said police.
A court here sentenced Baten to two years’ imprisonment in a case filed over a land dispute last year and he had been on the run since then.